Monday, August 30, 2004

Mail Call!

Well what a nice mail day... a new Knitting Magazine to preveiw: Creative Knitting and the Meathead supplies package for the Knit Along arrived too! Thanks to Larissa for letting me join in the fun! Espcially with chunky yarn and size 19 needles!
Meathead Knit Along Supplies

After the mail, I had a chance to do some errands. Went to look at some other new Knitting magazines... Interweave, Knit 'n Style, and Knitter's... I had to see the entralac socks that several people were talking about! Very nice pattern... but I just wasn't drawn to any of the magazine there. I grabbed some navy blue mills end yarn for a charity blanket and left...

This is what I came home to:
Ella's New Spot
This is Ella's new favorite spot in our bedroom... Maybe she is afraid of the shoe-loving Chuck:
Chuck's favorite spot!!  Shoes!

A few people have asked about the raspberry cookies so I am including the recipe as it was passed along to me...
Raspberry Linzer-type Cookies with White Chocolate
~ Preheat oven to 375 degrees
~ Beat the following together:
1 stick of butter, room temp.
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
~ Form into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
~ Bake for 7-9 minutes (just until BARELY golden brown around the bottom!)
~ After you take them out of the oven with a small baby spoon press the center of each cookie. Let them cool.
~ Heat up a small amount of seedless raspberry jelly. Let cool a bit and spoon into the depression on the cookies.
~ Melt a small amount of white chooclate and place in a baggie. Cut a tiny hole in the corner and drizzle over cookies.

I wish I could show you a picture, but they are all gone! You want the cookies almost doughy and white. If you let the whole cookie go golden brown, you won't be able to press a depression in the top. You can also put the jelly on before it bakes, but after trying several ways, I wait until they are baked. You can leave off the white chocolate and have them plain or with powdered sugar. Enjoy! Let me know if you try these and like them!

2 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks for posting the cookie recipe!
I'll have to print it out and try it!
Yum, yum, yum!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

You just wait! They are sooooo good! You'll need them all the time! But at least there is some fruit in them! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home