Friday, September 03, 2004

Meathead! DONE!

Yes, I am happy to say that my meathead is complete... sounds funny coming from a vegetarian. I sat down this morning and started knitting on size 19 needles, but the hat was way too loose and I didn't have enough yarn to finish it... so I ripped it out and started again on size 17. It came out much better this time... hopefully it will be alright and not too small looking. Here it is ready to go in the mail tomorrow!

Not bad if I do say so. I love knitting with chunky yarn! The project just flies by! I think I may alter this pattern to make it rounder on the top for a hat for myself! Hmmm... that's one more for me and no one else.

Then I spent a little time sewing buttons on the sweater set gifties for my SIL's baby shower next week. I figured I really needed to finish them up and get them wrapped. She is having 5 showers, that's right FIVE! Luckily I am only invited to 2 and attending 1. My DH has to go to 2.. :) So here are the two sweater sets I made for her. The Fair Isle with matching hat and cloverleaf socks! And the Sidar Snowflake chunky self-striping sweater and blanket.

I don't think I could ever use that Sidar Snowflake stuff again though. Man is it soft and fuzzy! But I could hardly knit the stitches. That'll be one cuddly little girl though!

Now on to my task of charity blankets...

2 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Look at all the pretty purples!
BEAUTIFUL!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Those two sets are gorgeous.... I made a blanket with the sirdar too. Your right, it was difficult to nit. But, ohhhhhhhhhh so soft. The purple is just lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home