Sunday, March 22, 2020

Happy Sunny and cold Sunday

Well at least the sun is shining... but the forecast has snow in it for tomorrow which could explain the migraine I am having currently.  Cold here too, I thought spring was here... not sure I can handle snow.  Of course the two models are very drastically different... a few inches to 8-10...I am hoping for less....
A quiet morning of kids drawing and me working on a crocheted cowl.  The last week really through me off getting into a new routine with being home, working, homeschooling, and learning about the spread of the virus.  Yesterday I decided to go back to the things that brought me joy.  I love being online looking at patterns, but what I really needed was my hands moving on a project.  Hence finishing old projects and feeling accomplished.  Also books make me happy.  I can’t just sit and read a book these days, so I borrowed and downloaded a few audiobooks from the public library.  I finished one this morning and started the next!  Just finished Every Crooked Nanny which was an old book by Mary Kay Andrews.  I “found” this author over Christmas vacation and enjoyed several.  This one is dated as it was written in 1992 and had to laugh at a reference to house phones and vcrs.

A cold windy day, but we got out for a morning walk.... ice was on the puddles, but the sun was shining, so we chased some shadows!

The kids have been playing hex bug battles and using their crazy imagination together!  Lots of energy today.  So once the temperature reached 35 degrees it was time to get out in the fresh air.  We walked our back trails with the dog.  Saw a hawk and Downey woodpecker along with still frozen puddles!  Being out in the sun was lovely, but I was happy to get back to the house to a toasty fire, hot cocoa and my latest project test.



Not sure what is for dinner... might be leftovers tonight as I cooked pasta and garlic bread last night.  Tomorrow starts homeschool again and a work meeting.  And a snowstorm! Wish me luck that this week will go better than the last!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home