Saturday, March 21, 2020

Day 4 - a Friday...

Slept last night so well I don’t think I even rolled over in my sleep.  I woke up in the same position I started.  After a first cup of coffee I took a picture of my small finished coaster test.  Could use it as a small hot pad too....

Boys decided to get a lot of work done in the morning to see if more play time in the afternoon would be better.  They worked hard.  I even tried to break things up so one was doing solo work while I helped the other.  It mostly worked,  but I also had to do a bunch of work for my own job.  Balance and deep breaths....  we are all trying.

So each kid has handwriting for one assignment.  Little one is doing each proper letter formation and sound each makes as a review.  So I thought it would be funny to find a song to go with the letter today.... little did I know it would be stuck in all our heads for the day!  We watch and sang.. C is for Cookie

Got out for a dog walk and puddle jumping after breakfast.  It is nice to stretch our legs and wake up our brains before we have more work to do.  I know our dog appreciates it!

As the bouts had lunch, Our governor shut down the state as of Sunday night except for essential workers.  100% of the work force should be home in nonessential businesses. Salons, the mall and all stores, dentist, etc.... People shouldn’t be out unless they are at the grocery store or medical appointments.  Mind you I haven’t left the house since coming home Monday and we have plenty of supplies for a bit.  Make need a few things in another week or so, but going to really try just using everything we have here.  When we run out, we run out for a bit.  I am just hoping that it isn’t coffee we run out of first!

After our work was done we took a trail walk in our backyard.  Lucky for us we are on 5 acres with farm land bordering our property... lots of different things to explore and see.  Was pretty warm today, around 55 even though 70 was predicted!  We squeezed in our walk just in time as it started to downpour moments after we can inside!  Guess that means more puddles tomorrow!
Helping each other and having fun!
Trying to walk and balance on different logs.

Even Roscoe is happier outside on the trails!
With the rain coming down, the boys spent the afternoon drawing and using Clips on the iPad to make silly movies.  Lucky for us they get along so well 95% of the time.  At this point in time they are the only kids they have to play with....  not sure what the future brings over the next several weeks, or what each of these precious kids are going to remember about these events, but all I can say is I love being afforded the time to be with them and see them grow.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home