Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spring is finally here!

Not sure where the last couple of weeks went, but they have come and gone. The grass needs mowing and the perennials are starting to show. I haven't gotten out there to rake up the leaves that didn't make it to the compost pile! Yikes!

Little G keeps me hopping these days. We are taking him out more and experience the world. Little cutie. We drove to Rochester last weekend and he slept most of the drive which was awesome! He is finally learning to sleep in the car. That wasn't true in the beginning. Had a fun time with my aunt and uncle.

Haven't been knitting too much or reading either, just moving right along in short choppy steps. A few small projects for gifts:
apr21
Cute little dragonfly bag. Love this stitch. Think it would make a great stitch for socks.

apr24
A washcloth to put in a bag for a friend going through a tough time. She loves purple and this finished up this skein of cotton!

Plus I was in an exchange on Ravelry:
apr21a
Got some great stuff from yarn, patterns, cookies and a sock project bag. I have been dieing for that caterpillar scarf pattern and I finally got it! Yeah!

And lastly I will leave you with a pic of my growing baby boy. He found his hands and fingers this week and his voice too!
DSCN1055[1]

Hope to get back soon with some really knitting content. I head back to work in another couple of weeks. Luckily for me summer vacation is just around the corner after that!

3 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Karen said...

Little G is adorable! He'll be keeping you busy for years:)
The Dragonfly bag and washcloth are lovely. You got great stuff in the swap. Lucky you to get the pattern that you really wanted. It's very cute too.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger sara said...

He's so cute! I love the bag. Very cute stitch pattern.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Kerry said...

He is just gorgeous Maureen!!! Thanks for sharing a new picture! Great news that he's doing better in the car. Dailaesse was a terrible passenger for the first year. Living in a small area, travel is a necessity and having a baby who doesn't like it is tough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home