Thursday, January 21, 2010

Still hanging in

I am very close to the due date which is Monday. Have a drs appt tomorrow, so that'll be interesting to hear what they say about me and the little one. He is growing and moving like crazy. I stopped working a week and a half or so ago. It is has been so nice to be at home and get some things done! With the nice weather, I have been able to get outside and walk for a while each day. So between getting the house ready, walking and resting I have also been knitting too!

jan16
Finished these Wanida Socks from Cookie A's Sock Innovations book last week. I had to do only one repeat of the pattern since I wasn't sure about how much yarn I really had in the skein. I used Summer Sox in cotton and wool. They are great to wear, but there wasn't a ton of yardage!

jan16c
So with the tiny bit of leftovers, I made a very small pair of socks for the little one. He will be able to wear them in a while. Too big for a newborn right now though. I do love the color of these socks too!

A friend at work has been supplying us with some boy clothes for the last couple of months when she finds them. He daughter is having a little girl, so I whipped up a couple of girly things for her..
jan16a
This adorable lacy hat, plus the Petal hat which I love, but didn't take a picture of.

jan16b
And these newborn booties. All in this pink pearly yarn I had in the stash. It is super soft and a cute pale color too.

I have a few other things in the works as well, including my nieces 4th b-day present coming up in March... figured while I had time, I would get those done too. Not sure how awake I'll be and motivated to knit I'll be in the next few weeks. Hopefully I never lose my drive for knitting!

Well, here;s hoping I have some exciting news the next time I get to post! Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Karen said...

Everything is just wonderful.
I hope everything goes smoothly and safely for you and your baby. I'll be thinking about you:)

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I hope everything is good. I can not wait to see a pic of the baby,take care,Amy

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Wow, Monday. OK, will be thinking about you and your little one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home