Tuesday, January 12, 2010

First day of Leave

I am home from now on. It is a lovely feeling not to have to rush around getting ready for work and warming up the car. Now the waiting game starts... when will this baby make his appearance? I really don't know, but I am happy to have some time at home to get a little more ready since the two weeks at Christmas didn't really get me very far. With my husband on the living room floor then, I really could get nothing done with him in the house. He has been getting better little by little. Each day is a little different. He does have good days and bad days, but luckily nothing like those over the holidays. He is back working and out of the house! I am looking forward to several hours by myself everyday! Although I do have family members checking in all the time, which is interesting.

I have been knitting like crazy... I know you already think I did that before!
jan12a
Here are my Nutkins. I loved the pattern stitch! It was easy to remember and worked up pretty quick. The yarn was lovely. It is Prism, Saki in Smoke. The only issue was it stained my fingers as I worked with the yarn. I had to scrub my hands every time I knitted! I will have to soak these socks and wash them a few times before I put them on my feet! Otherwise I will have black toes!

jan12
I found this cute little kits for the Tassel Top hat pattern from Bully Woolies at the LYS. Sadly it is going out of business, so I have visited there a few times. I of course bought more sock yarn... that I really don't need at all, so this kit was a fun change. The pattern was easy and it is made from cotton. I may have to make a few others for the nieces in larger sizes next year. It is a cute and fast project.

Well, just wanted to update you. I am feeling good and should get off the computer and do a few things on my long to-do list that I created to keep me occupied over the next week or 2 (or 3 or 4?!?!?) Hope all's well with you all. I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Pretty Nutkins! Knit away, now is your chance. Knit all the complicated stuff before the baby shows up. Lace and lack of sleep don't mix.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home