Sunday, December 06, 2009

First Snow

Yes, we had out first snow of the year yesterday. It is still on the trees today, but the roads seem to be fine. We were really only supposed to get a dusting, but it was more like 3 inches. I ran errands in the morning and just as I was turning the corner for home, my muffler and pipe gave way! What a noise. I swear it happens every year at this time. Being Saturday, my regular mechanic isn't working at 1 in the afternoon, so I scurried to find a place to fix it that day. Luckily I found one and it was done before they closed. Not really what I needed yesterday, but I was going to take it in next week when I get my snow tires and inspection done... oh well. One this checked off the list now.

Thanks for all your kind words about Bailey over the last month. It was super hard and even though we all have to go through the loss of a pet many times in our lives... this one seemed much harder. Husband came home with his ashes this week in a beautiful jar/urn. Of course we started in crying all over again. Of course in another month once the baby arrives, we will have something to take our minds off of our loss, but the day to day is weird without him here.

There has been knitting!
dec6a
I worked on these mindless (yes that's what I needed) Maizy socks. Weird how they are the same lot number and the pattern is different. More blue in one, more rusty color in the other! I looked the yarn, but it is a little thicker than regular sock yarn.

dec6b
Made a top down hat for our little one with matching thumbless mitts. The yarn is so super soft. My mother found it on sale at a LYS that I don't get to visit often, and bought one small skein.

Lastly,
dec6
Here is my last Christmas present for husband. You know how he loves orange, so I thought He'd love this pattern with an olive green. You can see I did the lining with orange. I had some Knitpicks wool left from a hat I made him several years ago now, so I thought it would be perfect. I actually left out 10 rows of the pattern. I think the hat would have been way too big and I would have ran out of yarn too.

That's all from here. Now that I have finished the hat and socks, I need to find something else to work on this week. Maybe I will wind up some new sock yarn and work on another pair of socks for me.

3 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger sara said...

Hubby's hat is amazing! Great job.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Briley said...

Don't you love the first snow? it's so pretty, and not so annoying as the rest of the snow.

I love the hat, too! Nice work.

 
At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Karen said...

I love the new knits. You've been so busy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home