Monday, August 31, 2009

Progress

There has been progress this week. I have sewn and finished the three things on the needles these past couple of weeks.

aug30
These are the felted pixie type slippers for Gracie's birthday. Right now they are both sewn up and waiting the felting process. I have to find some jeans that need to be washed to help us out. I have about 2 weeks to get these completely done and dried!

aug30a

I also made a Bobbi bear. It is the big version, but I altered it to make a smaller bear. I made the torso too long, so he might need a sweater to something to distract the eyes for his long torso. Over all an interesting pattern. It is a cute bear!

aug30b

And I made these Lorna's Laces Lacy Spring socks. It was part of a KAL. I didn't have a single skein of Lorna's so I dug out so leftovers. I thought I would have enough, but if you look closely the toes are finished in a blue. You hardly notice the toes in person. They are comfy and snug. I really liked how the cuff was made. I will use that again.

So you see, lots of progress. I am impressed that I was able to push forward and finish these before the end of August. I went to school today, but to sort through the mail. I stayed an hour, and still didn't get through it all. We get a lot of stuff in the library! A lot of paper to recycle! I will head back again later this week. I want to open the boxes with books. Then it'll feel like Christmas seeing all those books!

4 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Briley said...

I love the socks, and probably wouldn't have noticed the blue toes if you hadn't pointed them out. I'm very intruiged by the pixie slippers, and can't wait to see them all felted up.

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Karen said...

Your socks are lovely.
I love the slippers! i can't wait to see them felted. Gracie will love them.
Bobbi bear is adorable.
You have gotten so much done!

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are SO fast, as always! I still have just one of those socks done - and I started before school was out! Everything in place for next week? I'm feeling a little uneasy....but happy.
D

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Wow, you're fast! I love that bear. A sweater would make it look even cuter, I think you're right. But it came out great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home