Friday, July 10, 2009

Working hard...

on my stash. I have three bags of sweaters and blankets to donate. I am hoping the place is open today so I can drop things off and move them out of my back room. I really need to clean up and organize a lot more in that room. It is overflowing with yarny goodness!

Here is the latest things to go in the bag...
jul10a

A cute Patches blanket from an older crochet book I have on my shelves. I loved the look of it, but there were way too many ends to weave in. I hate to weave in ends. But over all it was really cute I think.

jul10
Can't really tell from this picture, but it is a little crocheted short sleeve jacket. If I had one more skein, then it would be a little different. Can you believe this yarn was in the stash? I borrowed 3 Candi Jensen books from the library and had fun making several sweaters. Crocheting goes much faster than knitting for me. I thought I could get through the stash faster if I crocheted a few things.

I finally remembered to get the socks I was working on for my hubby for Christmas out of the car. I had them there so I could work on them whenever, but since school stopped they have been idle, so I grabbed them yesterday and was able to turn the heel and start the gusset on the first sock. It feels funny knitting after all that crocheting. I am itching to start something for me. I think It will be a pair of slippers and then Nutkins Socks.

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Karen said...

The blanket is beautiful and the sweater is adorable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home