Friday, June 19, 2009

Another visit

I have been working on the spindle socks a bit and tried them on yesterday. They are very tight. I am thinking of frogging them. Maybe going with a toe up sock instead. I love the yarn, but the pattern from the start hasn't been my friend.

Instead of knitting I started on another crocheted blanket to donate. I quickly went through some red heart yarn and picked several skeins to use up. After this one I think I need to go back to knitting for a while. I bought these to help sway me:
jun14a

I may not use the yarn right away, but I really want to try out these new needles! I have been drooling over them in the catalog and online for a while, so I couldn't help it.

Not much else happening around here. The garden is finally in. Perfect timing with a rain storm the next day. We spread things out a bit more to give them more room to grow. Can't wait to see those cukes coming in. I had to buy some at the market today because we have been wanting the 7 day refrigerator pickles. I made a ton last year, and I want to start again soon. Of course I forgot the vinegar at the market today, so I'll stop tomorrow and pick some up. mmmm pickles!

3 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Gloria P. said...

Love that chocolate brown...! 7 day refridgerated pickles????? Never heard of this...so you make your own pickles and then refridgerate for 7 days before eating them??? We love pickles!

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Karen said...

The yarn is very pretty. I can't wait to hear what you think of the needles.
The pickles sound great too. I made these a few years back. I should do it again.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Batty said...

I'm using the exact same needles to knit my tabi socks, and I adore them! Not usually a DPN girl, but I figure they are less likely to take them away on a plane. And... I'm loving these needles so, so much. They have way more give than metal and are good to your hands because of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home