Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

I am taking a break for the outdoors for a few moments. Had to have a little lunch so I thought I would jump here and update since I meant to get here yesterday. Spent the morning spreading seeds. I had a bunch for friends and ones that I have collected, so I thought, no sense in them sitting. If they were meant to grow, then they needed to be in the ground. Yesterday I picked up some veggie plants for the local place. Just have to roll out the weed block and then those will go in the ground. I love to see what grows from little little seedlings! We basically eat from the garden all summer. Head out there and pick something to grill or add to a salad. Yum!

Yeah! Finally a finished project!
may25a
My Olympian Socks are complete! Was able to finish them yesterday. Which made me very happy! Can't really see the Olympic rings on my socks, but believe me they are there!

I was also able to finish:
may25
These are for a person at work who is getting married. We are having a little shower in a few weeks. Wanted to make sure I could finish them and have them ready. They came out pretty cute with stripes. Hope she likes them.

Nancy asked what pattern I was planning for my Panda Silk from the last post. Well to be truthful, I don't have a plan for the yarn. I bought it just because of the silk content. I did pull out a huge pile of patterns for my next sock (of course I have to finish the toe ups that I am working on first! No distractions please!) I have a few pattern in mind for the next sock, but no thoughts on yarn for this.... I would love to try Nutkin which would be perfect for the Melody yarn I bought a few months ago....Primavera too and there is always Kew. I can never decide. Any thoughts on what sock pattern I should cast on for next?

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger sara said...

Lovely socks and the scrubbies turned out great!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Scrubbies! Those are so much fun, I love the happy colors. And the socks are lovely. Purple. Mmmmmh, purple.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home