Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring has sprung

I went out to get the paper this morning and noticed that some snowdrops have popped through the frozen earth here! They pop up before the crocus, so spring is on the way here. We still have some snow, but with the warmer weather the past couple of weeks things are slowly starting the melt.

Busy around the house and work these days. Not much time for books or knitting, but I did manage a little of both. Was able to finish up the Lorna's Laces pinstripe socks last week...
mar22
They came out pretty well. I have a lot left fro the two skeins, so I might try a pattern instead of just ribbing with the leftovers. They only thing I didn't car for was the dye job of the second skein... as you can see there is a funny grey zigzag where the dye didn't quite line up correctly. I tried to put that in the back of the sock so I wouldn't really notice it while I am wearing them. This pair make three complete pairs for the year so far. My plan is to try to do at least one pair a month.

Also finished up a little baby sweater for an upcoming shower...
mar22a
It is made with Caron soft eco fiber. I was given this skein, so I had no idea that it was environmentally friendly until after I finished and looked at the wrapper. It is made with 10% recycled plastic. Fun little fats on the wrapper. I was hoping to have enough left over for a hat to match, but that is out of the question since there is barely a 2 inch ball left.

I did go to the LYS last week. It is right across the street from my hairdresser. I popped in to see what was new. I only left the store spending $20 and walking out with 4 small skeins of sock yarn.

5 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

Yay for spring being on the way!! :D

Your socks look good!! I haven't tried knitting socks yet... I want to try soon though! :)

I don't know what i'm going to make with my recycled yarn yet... maybe a textured baby blanket so that the knots dont really show that well where the different colors are connected... i dont know... that's what im thinking right now :)

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The baby sweater is adorable. I haven't seen that yarn. I'll have to check it out.
The socks are wonderful.
I can't wait for spring. The crocuses are in bloom and the tulips are coming up. Now if the temperatures would warm up a bit more.

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi love the socks and the baby sweater. My grandmother is 85 she knits and crochets (not as much as she use to for obviously reasons) but she is determine to make a pair of socks before she dies she tells me last week....I admire the woman.

What is a wiggle worm..do you have a pic? Send it to me if you do @ gaprater@yahoo.com

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Don't feel bad; I've been a very bad blogger too lately. I love the sweater and the idea of recycled plastic into new yarn is wonderful. I'll have to keep an eye out for it .... like I really need more yarn. The sweater is really cute.

The people around the corner sold their house and the wife was an avid gardner. I don't think the new people who bought it knew how avid until this spring when they found their entire front yard covered in blooming crocuses (not to mention neighbors snapping pictures of the display we look forward to every year).

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Batty said...

I just got back to blogging after a long silence, so you're not the only one. And that sweater is cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home