Sunday, February 22, 2009

Last day of Vacation

And its snowing! Funny how much bad weather we get on the day we are supposed to go back to school or the day before vacation starts. I loved having some time off this week. Didn't really do much, but a few things around the house and some knitting. I realised this morning that I didn't read a single book this week, so this morning I got up around 6:15 or so (sadly I really don't sleep much later than that ... I AM a morning person and enjoy it)... I picked up the book I had started last week and am almost done with it. Took a break to read the paper and make some soup, get distracted by the Internet and here I am....

There was lots of knitting this vacation.
feb22b
Here's the Hemlock after blocking. Not sure it is really the thing I want to gift to my friend, but at least it looks better than when I first cast off. Not sure if it is the baby yarn and would really be better in a thinker more natural type yarn. Who knows...

Also finished..
feb22c
This was so fast! I loved the original pattern with several different colors, but I just wanted to use two for this first try. It is truly a wonderful pattern! I cast on booties to match but those haven't gotten too far yet...

I have been working on too many different things all at once (which is probably why I don't feel like I got much done over vacation!) including the Lady's February sweater, lorna's laces socks, and a felted sock/slipper thing which I may end up frogging before I get too far...

Enjoy your weekend and send good thoughts for starting back to school tomorrow without a delay!

2 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is adorable. I love the two colors together.
Your hemlock ring is beautiful. I really like it so much in white. When I did mine I really blocked it severely. I pulled it very tightly and pinned out each of the bound off scallops. It did relax a little but for the most part held the blocking.
Vacation went by really quickly. N's next vacation is in April. I can't wait.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Gloria P. said...

Beautiful work...oh how I want to learn to knit..I am going to take a lesson or two this this spring. I was just on the website for patons and found a knit pattern for sock without the toes that you can wear with flip flops really cute and I would love to learn to make them....my girls love flip flops and these type of socks....

thanks for the link for the baby booties much appreciated....

I also get side tracked by the computer......got to run Tom and I are cooking today......check out my cooking blog........

take care
rainy in this part of the country...Oh how I long for Spring...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home