Sunday, January 18, 2009

Finally got my camera up and going

I got it all charged, but I haven't been working too much... or that you can tell by pictures. I completed one pomatomus socks and am on my way closer to the heel of the second.
jan18a
This is a very slow pattern for me. I am not a big chart person, as I have mentioned before, but I can't wait to get past the gusset, so that I can straight knit on 2 of the 3 needles! I have tomorrow off, so I am hoping to get a lot done on it today and tomorrow. I am getting antsy for a new project, but I really want to finish these first.

I forgot to mention I have been doing a little shopping. There was the WEBS sale a week or so ago and Michaels had yarn on sale, then there was amazon....
jan18
I bought all this with projects in mind and not just because things were on sale... well mostly! The black and grey wool will become a bag or two that a friend and I are making. The SWS is because I wanted to felt it into something, I am thinking new slippers! The EZ book is because I really wanted the February Sweater pattern and I have the yarn to make it for an upcoming baby shower. You'll also see some Flat feet undyed which I want to try and some cascade in blue and orange to make argyle socks for next Christmas?!?! Some of the Blue yarn will become a pair of new mittens for me to match a hat and there is also some lovely sock yarn... for me! Everything with an idea in mind!

It is snowing again like crazy. I made a pot of soup and it smells ready, so off I got to have a bow and get back to my pomtom socks to see if I can finish them before Tuesday! Wish me luck... or send me completion thoughts!

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Briley said...

Wishing you luck on finishing those socks! It's a perfect day to sit by the fire (or heater) and knit.

Great purchases. I love the Knitter's Almanac, so many great projects in such a tiny book.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Nice haul! I'm on an EZ kick at the moment too. I think you'll enjoy the Knitter's Almanac.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home