Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy days

With all the lovely snow we received over the past week or two... it is now raining and melting several inches away! Oh well. It is just the beginning of winter I suppose. With lots of vacation time I have been working away.
dec27c
Finished up this crocheted filet afghan. It has hearts and clovers in the pattern. Worked up with a stash on baby yarn. I think I used up about 12 skeins. That is good, but I still have 4 left. Now what to do with those. Matching sweater maybe? We'll see. The yarn is really soft. Hats too?

Speaking of soft yarn. I pulled out some Royal Cashmere I found in the half price bin of the LYS and cast on a little neckwarmer (for myself).
dec27d
It is lovely yarn. Not really sure about the pattern. It is a little strange. But several finished projects I have seen look wonderful. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

As for a few goodies that came my way... I wasn't sure what my husband would get me for Christmas. I tell him not to spend too much. Well He went to the LYS with a few ideas in mind. Namely Prism...
dec27b
Here is Smoke
dec27
and Fog. Both very lovely sock yarn that I have never seen and new additions to the store.
dec27a
He also loved this Gossamer kid mohair (I think he thought it was cashmere) Can you tell which skein he manhandled in the store?

I loved opening these lovelies. Then in the last box was a picture with something he has been working on and was hoping to have finished... A SWIFT! He is creating a swift for me! I sent him the instructions ages ago and forgot about it. SO I will have a lovely swift in the days (or maybe weeks ahead!) Will keep you posted.

So overall a lovely time with family and goodies - both edible and yarnie!

Oh and I almost forgot. All my handmade gifts were well received. Husband LOVED everything. Especially argyle scarf! He wore it yesterday as his jacket to visit friends to show it off as well as his new hat and a pair of socks.

7 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger sara said...

What a gorgeous blanket!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Kerry said...

Wow! You made out like a bandit! The afghan is beautiful as well as the yarns. I see lots of knitting in your future. :-)

Have a very healthy, happy New Year!!!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Briley said...

That afghan is amazing!

It's been raining here, too. I'm glad it's not more snow, though.

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The afghan is just stunning!!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Pretty yarn... and that crocheted afghan! That's just amazing.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful afghan!
Would you please list the pattern source?
Thank you.
Mary in NC

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI THERE,
I LOVE DONG FILET CROCHET AND CROSS-STITCHING. BEFORE DOING THE WORK, I TAKE COLORED PENCILS AND COLOR EACH ROW IN A DIFFERENT COLOR. THAT WAY I CAN FIND THE ROW I AM WORKING ON EASIER. HOPE THIS HELPS !
GOD BLESS
CRFTYLDY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home