Sunday, November 23, 2008

Here I go again

Another week gone. Things have really heated up here. Basketball season is upon us, so off we go with my FIL to the college games which are fun, but time consuming. Work seems to be heating up... I might have done a no-no and made another librarian mad by telling her what I think, but I hope things settle down before our next meeting in two weeks. I have been knitting, but not as much as I should since bookclub was Thursday, so as usually I was trying to finish up the book (The Grace that Keeps the World - Tom Bailey). Set in the Adirondack Mountains so it is sort of local to me, which s why the group picked it. I liked it, but didn't think the end was presented well. No one else really liked the book, so on to the next!

Here is my scarf progress from my solo weekend:
nov23a
I have just a few more repeats to go. Hope to finish it up over the next two weeks. With some time off at Thanksgiving, I hope to speed up my progress.

I also completed the Turn a square hat by Jared Flood.
nov23b
Not sure I really like it. It doesn't show off the Noro as much as I would like. Maybe the orange is too strong. I was tossing around the idea to make a similar hat, but follow the argyle pattern and create a matching hat to the scarf. We'll see how much time I really have left.

Lastly I have also been working on another doily.
nov23
It only has one butterfly on each petal instead of two that the last one had. This one is much smaller and is more for an end table than a bedside table. Will be mailing away for blocking for the friend whose pattern it is.

So there's me in a nutshell these days... too busy to sit still. We have flurries today so I really need to think when I am going to put the snow tires on the car. Maybe next Friday. We only have two days of school next week - Yea! It has been a struggle at school lately, so I am hoping things do settle down. I don't like to be anxious or stressed.

3 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Kerry said...

Love all three projects!!!

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Briley said...

I love the argyle scarf! I've got to find time to make that one!

I have been wanting to make a turn the square hat, and have had the fear that I wouldn't like the way it showed the striping yarn. I was thinking I would use a black yarn, and a self striping. I'm glad to have heard your thoughts before I got started!

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything looks great. I'm amazed how much you get done when you're busy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home