Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lots of projects

I seem to have a scattered brain and attention span these days. That is what happens to me when I head back to school. I get interrupted so many times during the day, put down what I was doing, help someone, then pick up another project to do and forget about what I was working on originally. So I have carried this pattern of behavior home with me. Good for non-boredom, but bad for project completion!

sep28a
I have a charity meeting coming up, so I thought I would use up a little more Homespun yarn and work on this new pattern I got a few weeks ago. It is for a round ripple. The yarn doesn't show the pattern very well. But it is fast and easy to remember... just what I need! I bought a kit, but I want to use the wool that came with this pattern for a cardigan sweater. Maybe I'll start it too!

sep28d
Here is the ninna beret off ravelry. It is small yarn size 3 needles and ok to work on. It will be for my youngest niece for Christmas. I cast on for this pink one because I had so much fun working on this:
sep28b
This one is for my other young niece. Pattern is out of Charmed Knits which I borrowed from my school library! I plan to work up a pair of mittens to match. She is totally into My Little Pony, so I thought this purple would be great for her!

sep28c
Pus I cast on for the uncle argyle scarf for my husband for Christmas. I have only done one repeat of the pattern. It is pretty slow going... being chart work and double knitting. The over all effect is pretty neat thought. I also ave another pair of socks on the needles for him too. I am using up some odds and ends to make a monster sock for him too.

Lastly a gift for a friend...
sep28
Thia amigurumi lion off the lionbrand siite. It was quick and easy. I made it last weekend while watching tv on the computer so I could check in on the pattern. I am planning on doing that today too. I hate printing out all these new and fun patterns if they are fast and easy. I would rather just have it up on the screen and check in on it.

Well, I think that's all for now. Lots of odds and ends like I said. I have a it of a cold, so that may also have to do with things scattered around the house. Started last Thursday night and has gotten worse over the last couple of days, yesterday being the very worst! Today I am feeling a little better, but I woke up at 3 am and couldn't fall back asleep. I may have to take a nap in a little while!

3 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Briley said...

That lion is so cute! I love the uncle scarf. I have been wanting to make that one myself. It will make a wonderful Christmas present.

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon.
The lion and hat are wonderful and everything else is coming along great.

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the beret. I think the argyle scarf is going to look great. I haven't seen that pattern before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home