Friday, August 29, 2008

School?!?!?

Yes, I do have to leave the comfort of my home and get off my butt, put down my knitting and books and drive the car to work next week. I when in yesterday to "see" the place again. I hate the very first day back because everything is in such disarray! They clean, but don't put things back. The host people in there and things are left all over the place. Then there are the boxes of supplies.... I have general supplies (glue, crayons, pens, tape) and library supplies (book covers, displays, bookmarks, etc) and there are the books! I found a new supplier at the very end of the year and I got a better deal than my usual company, so I seemed to get twice the amount of books than usual! I had a bout 10 hug boxes of books to open and take out of the boxes. There were so many books! I love it! I forget what I order from Jan. or May until now. It is like Christmas opening lots of gifts!

After about 2 hours of getting organized, my friend, the music teacher and I walked from school downtown to have lunch and do a little book shopping. We had Indian for lunch. The food must have been from a different region than I've had before since everything was totally different. Good but different. Then we hit Border's since we both had coupons and gift certificates. She picked several fiction titles and I hit the knitting section. I walked out with two new books... Knitted and Felted Toys and The Knitted Teddy Bear. I can't wait to try several of the animals in these! Great future gifts for my nieces.

Today I am going to watch a DVD before it needs to be returned: The Golden Compass. I read the trilogy, so I hope the movie is good. I am working on another pair of Christmas socks for hubby and I AM going to finish the star quilt bedspread. I have almost all the pieces made. I mostly have to sew it all together. I want need to get this done before school starts and I'll want to work on way too may other things!

3 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The summer has passed much too quickly. I do say that every year but this year it really seemed to go so fast. Enjoy your weekend.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Let me know what you think of the movie! I'm currently re-reading the trilogy (on the second book), and I haven't seen it yet.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Man, back to school already? Here the kids went back last Wednesday so bus driver hubby has had to get up earlier than me. Somehow that always makes me happy.

My college crew starts classes on Tuesday. So excited for all 3 of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home