Thursday, July 24, 2008

The boys are getting better

My husband is back on his feet and ready to roller blade and bicycle. Our big boy, Bailey we are keeping under lock and key tight surveillance for a while longer. We had to take him back to the vets last Thursday for a night at the vet's . He ended up spending the night and getting stronger meds. He has another week to be lo-key before his stitches come out. I think Bailey is ready to roll (in his head anyway!)

I have been knitting and sitting in wait. Several baby sweaters for donation later this summer.
july24b
Little Lamb in blue.

july24a
Pink Precious sweater. I have 7 sweaters in a bag ready to donate. I will see how many more I can work up before the end of summer. I figured the place would really appreciate them toward the fall.

I have also gotten one sweater done for Christmas.
july24c
It is from Yarn Girls Guide. It is the "like riding a bike" sweater. I just need to find large button to go on.

I also pulled out a project I was asked to help finish. Will post about that next time. It is huge!

Just got back from the Farmer's Market where we picked up some blueberries, corn and a tomato. I have lots of things growing well at home, but I am always ready to see what other people have growing. The coolest thing was these purple beans today! Only, when they are cooked, they turn a bright shade of green! Funny! I wonder if they are lightly steamed and then shocked in cool water if they would retain the purple. They would be fun in a cold salad! hmmm.

3 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Plain Jane said...

The sweaters are darling - especially the pink lacy one.

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad your husband is feeling better. Hopefully Bailey will be as well as he thinks he is soon.
The sweaters are just beautiful!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I really like the pink lacy sweater. Could you share the pattern?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home