Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Going in spurts

Summer has things goings in different spurts. Some days I would rather read by myself sitting in front of the fan... other days I want to watch movie after movie while working on a project or two... then there are days when I just think about the garden and what I am going to do with the produce that is growing. This summer has been good to me so far. We have black raspberry jam jarred, pickles that are curing in the frig, more cukes that are going to become bread and butter pickles later today. Squashes that will be frozen and other that will become ratatouille.

I don't know what I waited so long for... I had the book "The other Boleyn Girl" by Philippa Gregory on my stairs waiting for me to pick it up. I have read others by her and I guess I was holding out since I didn't want to be disappointed. I started yesterday and am about 200 pages in... why did I wait so long. Like her others, this is a great book. I can't wait to get further into the story and enjoy every minute of it!

Yes, I have been completing projects too.... I made some crocheted flowers from leftover sari silk for the black bag I had knit a while back. Thought it would spice up the bag quite nicely.
july15b

Plus I finished my MIL's birthday present which is in October.
july15a
Not sure I will use recycled sari silk again, but the colors are pretty. I realise that I should have used a different pattern to really show off the yarn, but this one is done and I know she will love it and wear it.

I should get going on another pair or two of socks, or presents for my nieces, but alas I have been knitting baby sweaters for charity. I have a bag ready to donate with four sweaters in it, so I thought I could work up a few more before I drop them off. I finished one and am half way through another. They just work up so fast, who wouldn't want to knit one?!?!

Lastly, I have been home caring for two ailing boys. My husband threw out his back Sat night. So he is in some pain and moving very slowing. He left the house today which is good for both of us since there really isn't anything I can do to help him feel better. Then on Friday our dog, Bailey had to go in for surgery. We found a lump when he was at the vet for a check up earlier last week and the vet thought it might be cancerous. So Friday he went in to have it removed. Poor guy had what I would describe as diaper rash and for a dog that isn't easy. I have never heard him whimper and whine and it was breaking my heart. He just isn't comfortable even though we are trying everything to help him. Today seems a bit better and hopefully the hair will grow back so he won't feel so disturbed.

So that's been my last few days. A bit of crazy which keeps us on our toes. Here's to a quieter week!

1 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Isn't that what summer is supose to be? Just doing whatever you fancy for the day? For me summer is doing the same routine I do all year but getting to wear shorts while doing in. lol

Hope your hubby and dog feel better soon.

What didn't you like about the recycled sari silk? Been eyeing it for a while but don't know what I'd make with it other than a scarf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home