Sunday, June 01, 2008

Wacky weekend!

I still have one more dinner to do before the craziness is over. Hubby needs to decide whether he wants take out or me to cook. Funny that he has no cravings n his birthday! I already know what I want for mine! :)

With all the birthday celebrations starting on Friday with pizza with his family, then my sister on Sat, and then I forgot it was my college reunion weekend! 15 years! I never go, but got a surprise phone calls from friends who decided to pop into town at the last minute! We decided to meet from breakfast this morning. It was so much fun to see them. I haven't seen them in person since their wedding 10 years ago! Hubby was fine with breakfast out for his b-day even if he had never meet my old college friends before! After breakfast he and I took the dog for a long hike. We ended up seeing at least a dozen pink lady slipper orchids. It is amazing those things can pop up in the middle of the forest!

Now it is almost dinner time, so I thought I would post a few pictures of my finished stashbusting projects!
jun1
I cast on for the Lindsey tote. Ran out of black, so I will have to come up with something to finish this one. So far I really like it!

jun1a
Last of the homespun Lionbrand yarn. Made one last granny square afghan to donate. I actually really like the colors together.

jun1b
There was a ton of thin baby yarn just sitting here, so I doubled it (one strand white) and crocheted a shell stitch blanket to donate. This s one of my favorite blanket patterns. It is an oldie from the Jamie label. It turns out pretty no matter what the yarn!

jun1c
And lastly, with some odds and ends made 10 preemie hats from a friend to bring to work at the NICU. Hopefully I'll see her Thursday. Maybe I can get a couple more in the bag to her.

That's a lot I think to be finished with in the last week or so. I am so happy to do some stashbusting and using more of what is in the house. More on the way but first a stop in socks. I cast on for Thuja from Knitty... of course I always want to say Thula.. not sure why. I only have a row or two done since I started these this morning. Hubby is working away this week, so I will have lots of alone time for knitting and reading!

3 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Plain Jane said...

Very nice! I crochet afghans for charity that I call "Rag-Tags" because I use up leftover yarn in making them.

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!! You sure have gotten a lot done. I am amazed. The granny square afghan is so pretty.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Kathleen said...

Beautiful work! Love the homespun granny square afghan! I'll have to try that with my odds and ends too!

(you've been RAK'd!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home