Monday, May 05, 2008

Distraught!

I can't really believe I did it again. I made this tshirt sweater TOO BIG! Again!

may5

Right now it is almost 17 inches long and I am just starting the increases for the chest... there are many more rows before I make the shoulders. ARG! This is why I don't make sweaters for myself. Now I am wondering do I rip out (again!) and leave off 10-12 of the 24 st st rows before increasing? Or do I completely rip out the whole thing and go down a size or even a needle size? Again I state: This is why I do not make myself sweaters. I have socks down, but bigger things frustrate me! The pattern seems easy enough and I love the color, but I had to set this project down for the weekend to make a few decisions.

may5a
In the mean time I made two small pairs of socks to put in my cic box. II figured making a little something for someone else might clear my head and an epiphany might happen. Ya think?

4 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Briley said...

Oh, no! I'm so sorry your sweater is not coming out the way you want it to. I would just rip back enough rows to get the length you want, and go from there.

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally feel your pain. Can you rip back to the length you want and go from there? Otherwise I suggest ripping and starting again with a smaller size.
The little socks are so cute!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Stupid gauge!?!?! I use the same tatic ... when the going gets tough the tough knit socks. lol.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Oh no, not again! I feel your pain, it really, really sucks when this happens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home