Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Venture to Webs

The weekend has come and gone. The workshop was not as good as I would have liked. There was no vegetarian lunch ordered for me. The Norman Rockwell Museum was pretty cool over all. We got stuck in a 2 hour traffic jam on 91 and almost didn't make it to WEBS!! Luckily things end on a very positive note and we made it to WEBS with an hour before closing. My friend had never been there so we wondered here and there and everywhere looking and petting the yarns. I did very well I want you to know I only left with a very small bag and it was under $43!!
apr1

I got several sock yarns on sale, plus Happy Feet which I had never heard of or even seen before! An two skiens of Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk in a heather grey that I will make a scarf or neckwarmer for myself just so that I can feel the softness all the time! The orangey - rust yarn will become a pair of socks for hubby and the rest, yes is all for me! Evil I know, but I deserve it! It has been months since my last yarn purchase and have you seen how much stash I have been using?!?!?

I have about five more rows on the filet blanket. Nce to hear the kind words about my current projects. That blanket is so heavy! I can't wait to spread it out and really see how big it is! I'll keep you posted!

5 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Briley said...

You showed AMAZING restraint considering how long it has been since you have purchased yarn. It's almost a tragedy that your friend had only an hour on her first visit. Glad you liked hte museum. Stinks about the lunch, though.

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been stuck in traffic on 91. Not fun at all!
You bought some lovely yarn and it looks to be quite a bargain too.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Diane said...

I love your yarn purchase. It's very difficult not to run around Webs grabbing skeins and yelling MINE! MINE! MINE! like a 2 yr old.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Beautiful yarns you chose!

I hope someday to make it to Webs. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have all those choices before me.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Nice haul! How you managed to walk out with just a couple of skeins is beyond me. Then again, I managed to make it to New York City without bringing back any yarn, so maybe it's contagious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home