Friday, March 28, 2008

Can you believe the snow?

I was disterbed to hear the weather forecast with 3-6 inches in store for us. Luckily it mostly snowed overnight and was about 4 inches to scrape off the car this morning. It was heavy too! It has continue all day, but the temps are too warm for it to stick to the raods which is good! It sure as pretty this morning with snow stuck to the trees and flower heads.... but I really am ready for spring.

Regardless, I have been working on afghans! Strange I know, but I have been craving some crocheting lately instead of knitting. It is a more mindless craft in my head since I have crocheted for 40 years or so! I go faster and well, crochet just makes sense! Knit patterns I sometimes have to set down and go back to later and try them again. I also have been on a carity project kick from preemie hats to blankets for kids... so I give you the prarie star afghan:
mar28
It is not the whole afghan just the middle which is a perfect size for a small child. The pattern was free and it was easy and I think I would do it again maybe to use up scraps.

Currently I am working on the filet afghan I mentioned before. It is getting heavy and it doesn't travel well. So I can only work on it at home.
mar28a
The pattern calls for sports yarn, but I had a lot of baby soft white to use. Now I have a huge probably queen size afghan. It will also be donated to charity. They are always in need of teen size blankets, so hopefully some teen loves roses and will appreciate this heavy creation!

Lastly, I had to start a portable project for knitting lat Monday. AS you can see now, the rose blanket can't travel. So I cast on for the Big Basin Socks from the 6SoxKAL group. I dug into the stash and came out with some sockatta yarn. I loved the colors and I wanted a more solid yarn than stripes to work this pattern.
mar28b
I haven't worked on them much since Monday night, but I have a workshop on Graphic (comics) Novels to attend this weekend (tomorrow!) I am driving to a friend's house at 8am (she is also a librarian) and she is driving us to the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, MA for our workshop. I have never been to the musuem, but they are currently holding an exhibit on graphic novels. Of course since we will be so close, on the way home we are taking a detour and hitting WEBS! Can't wait. I hope a fair better this time than last summer. I was completely overwhelmed, but now I know the place and have an idea of what I would like to purchase. I hope I don't go too crazy. I haven't purchased any (yes that's right ANY!!) new yarn since I would say November of 2007... Ok breathe! I should have a little fun now! Right? I have been working hard to reduce the stash that I currently own and am making good progress.

3 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The afghans are beautiful! I look forward to following your sock progress. They will be so pretty.
I bet you'll have a great time at Webs!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Diane said...

I love your prarie star afghan. The colors are lovely.

Did you do ok at Webs? I was so shocked that I only spent $85.00 the last time I was there. Mentally I probably spent $400.00. lol

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Batty said...

I just about passed out when I saw your filet afghan. Wow. That's just amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home