Saturday, March 01, 2008

More snow!

I feel like Marguerite... we just had about 8-10 inches the other day then overnight we got another foot! You can hardly see the houses across the street! I was a little worried about this storm! The way they were predicting it, it was supposed to last all day today and when they say 6-12 inches, you just never know what can happen. The reason I was so freaked was I had signed up for a workshop in ALbany, NY which about 45 minutes from me and driving in a half foot or a foot of snow was not something I was really looking forward to... they had stated they were NOT going to rescheudle since there would be speakers from out of town. So my husband set the alarm to up at 5am! (still not sure why since he hit the snooze button too many times) Needless to say I was completely awake now! The snow was fluffy and easy to move and Albany only got 2 inches! So I figured I had to venture down there no matter what was in my driveway or on the street. I am glad I did! It was a very good workshop on children's literature! Mostly about the latest awards from ALA, plus we had a guest speaker - Laura Vaccaro Seeger who actually won two awards this year! Very cool. We we got lunch, I got my 6 hours in that I need for my school district and we left with a small bag of books. One that was funny to see when I got home was "This is the pen that Pa built" ... it is totally about sheep, spinning, weaving and talks aboout wool in the end! Too funny that I walked away with book and no one else. I have an appreciation for it!
ampersand socks
I also took some yarn with me and got to start and work on the Ampersand socks! I love having busy hands for 6 hours more or less. It helps me be a better listeners. I took out my socks and cast on, then another girl at my table pulled out her crochet project. A friend of mine also pulled out her current sock project. What fun to have such a crafty table. Then at one point after lunch I looked around past our table to see one of the workshop organizers knitting, a girl at another table knitting a red sock (I think!) and at another table a woman crocheting a baby blanket. It made me smile and when I opened that book when I got home I knew it was next to a perfect day!

Some other things for you to see:
My secret stole:
clue 3
I have gotten through clue 3 and have been working on a few things for my nieces upcoming second birthday:
bunny buddy
A lionbrand Bunny Buddy blanket and
apple hat
a fruit hat in apple. It is a combo of two patterns really and not just the Ann Norling one which I do love!

Ok, since I have written a book here, I will let the rest of you get on with your lives or at least other blogs!

7 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Batty said...

I love good professional events. Maybe that explains why I'm a member of all sorts of organizations from SLA to ASIST (which I need to renew...).

Glad you're OK in spite of all the snow, and that you had the opportunity to knit. That little fruit hat is cute, but that bunny blanket is just plain adorable. Add a baby, and my biological clock is going to explode.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Kerry said...

Love your FOs! They're just too cute. :-)

How are you liking the Regia Silk?

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

That little hat is so cute, well heck the blanket is too. Love the socks, they look great. SOTS looks great too.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love the thrummed mittens...they look so warm and toasty. The stole is coming along nicely. We got another 9 inches yesterday. I can't wait for this winter to end.It sure does seem like a long way to Spring.

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at all you've knit. You amaze me!
I can't believe all the snow this year. We've had quite a bit but luckily it has melted in between storms.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

Glad you braved the roads and went and had a great time.

Around here a person who listens to the road reports on the radio would never go anywhere. It's so difficult to know when it really is better to stay home. Especially living in the boonies where I can't see the condition of a main road. Our back roads are bad all winter.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Just catching up on your blog. Love your mittens. I haven't started clue 8 of my sotsii yet. First time I've actually been current with the fast knitters in the group. lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home