Sunday, February 03, 2008

Quick Post

Can you believe I got so soon? My goal is to post more that once a week. SOme just get away from me before I can get here. But today I wanted to show you a few knitting pieces I am working on.

Here is SOTSii:
feb3b
This is through clue one and a few rows into clue 2. I don't think I will really be able to keep up with this round, but I wanted to try to get it started. There is February vacation coming up, so I might be able to catch up over that week!

My husband really wanted a scarf, but I thought a neckwarmer might work a little better for him for skiing so I use woolease doubled that was in my stash and a pattern I found through Ravelry and came up with this very warm neckwarmer:
feb3

Of course after wearing and trying his on... I really wanted one of my own! So I cast on with the leftover woolease and a smaller needle. My own pattern with some ribbing and a cable or two thrown in for good measure:
feb3a

I would love to make a matching hat to go with my new warmer. I have a scarf, but when we take the dog for a walk the scarf doesn't work quite as well as I would like, so this neckwarmer should do the trick tokeep my chin warm and put up to my nose if it gets windy. I was hoping to finish and test it today, but it is really icy on the trail we walk so it my have to be next week.

2 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of a neckwarmer for people who are active in the cold. The idea of scarf ends hanging down seems dangerous to me. Yours are lovely.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Diane said...

I just finished clue 1 of the SSII. Interesting pattern.

Love your neckwarmer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home