Thursday, December 27, 2007

Ahh.. vacation is great!

The holiday rush of seeing family is done. Although there might be one more dinner, but maybe not if we are lucky. With my husband being divorced, we have separate dinners and celebrations at two houses, then there is my family. If DH's niece and nephew and family come in from Rochester, then there is one more. With how Christmas fell, I don't think they are coming, but you never know.

All holiday hand crafted gifts were met with ooos and ahhhs! All seemed to enjoy the handmade goodies found wrapped. DH loved his pirate hat! I guess he is keeping it, so someday I'll make another one just for me! He loved his two pairs of socks too. Good memories of our trips when we actually picked the yarns out. Niece loved her alligator scarf. The color was perfect! Flame hat was a hit! Wasn't sure since he is a 7th grader and well.. you never know! My sister loved the pink/rose colored caftan sweater and matching hat I made for Ellie. She loved the fact that I used the small rosettes let over from her christening gown on this sweater. She thought it made it extra special! My SIL loved the ballet sweater and legwamers. 3YO Gracie was more fascinated with a snowglobe at the time, but I'm sure will love the legwarmers soon!

I even finished off another hat in mistaken rib from the latest Debbie Stoller book:

It is just in case the family from Rochester decides to drive in to town.

On Christmas Eve I sat down with no gifts to make and lots of yarn stash! So I decided to cast on a little treat for me!:

That's right Gloves. I have always been scared of making gloves with all the fingers and such, but I thought why not just give it a try. I noticed that there is a nice pattern in One Skein, so I grabbed some hand dyed yarn gifted to me by my last SP, Brian and well needless to say, gloves are fast and easy. And this pair is almost complete! They will be ready to be used by the time I head back to school next week. In fact I may make several pairs just for myself!! Maybe I should dedicate the next month solely to knitting for me! I have the yarn and a sweater picked out. Can I still to this notion? Or will I break and knit for someone else. Maybe it shouldn't be a month, maybe more like a few projects or a couple of weeks.

Ok I just looked out the window and it is snowing Hard! I thought we were just going to get a mix but those are big flakes!

And lastly, If anyone is interested now that the holidays are over in Pay it Forward I would love to make a little something for a few people over the next year.

3 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm so glad you had a Merry Christmas.

I wish you a wonderful New Year filled with health, blessings, and joy.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Diane said...

I'd say you are due for a month of knitting just for you. Love your gloves.

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your gloves are great!! I think you should knit for yourself for at least a month.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home