Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I won a contest!

I while back I entered a contest at Knit with KT blog. She was looking for suggestions for good patterns to use for her holiday knitting. Well I was very happy to receive a prize that she sent to me! It is lovely!

What a package! There are so many cakes of recycled sari yarn! I have been meaning to buy some of this, but I haven't yet. I can't wait to use this yarn! Thanks so very much for the wonderful prize package!

This morning I official caught up again for my Secret of the Stole.

I am happy to be "ahead" so that I can get some other knitting down over the next couple of days while I am off from school. I would like to finish one of my nieces sweaters if at all possible. Plus I have a few quick scarves to work up too.

Two weeks ago it was the hot water heater, this morning we went and bought a new furnace. Our current one is about 50 years old. With the cost of fuel going up and up, we wanted to get a more energy efficient one for this winter to see if it makes a difference. I hoe it does because it was a big chunk of change on the credit card around the holidays! After that I ran to the mall with a friend to grab a few quick gifts before the crazy holiday shopping begins. Not I am pretty much done with all my shopping except for a thing or two online. I feel good about it.

7 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being caught up and on the prize as well! That is so cool.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Wow, what a great prize!!! Your stole is beautiful. It looks to be every bit as long as mine. I think mine is going to block out huge.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger SYLVIE said...

Congratulations on winning! what a nice prize.

Your stole looks great, what a nice shade of pink!

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you winning such a fabulous prize!!
I can't believe you are nearly finished with your shopping. I haven't even started...
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, what an awesome package you've received - congratulations!
I absolutely love how your stole is coming along, this shade of pink you're knitting it in is so beautiful!
And as Karen said, I too can't believe that you're almost finished with your shopping - I haven't even started yet and am getting quite desperate... ;)

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Now that's a great package!

The stole is looking good too. I love the bright red, and the fact that there is so much solid knitting. The yarn wouldn't pop as nicely in one of those delicate, barely there lacy knits.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Pixie said...

I have been watching the Secret of the Stole pattern develop but haven't started it...yet....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home