Sunday, November 18, 2007

Finished Black Diamonds

Of course they really are green and not black, but they are finished...

Notice the new sock blockers too? I asked my husband to make two sets... one for me and one for my secret pal. She loved hers so now I will use mine! He did a great job with them. We both worked on the pattern and he cut, shaped and stained them. They really came out nicely!

Last week I won an ebay auction. I bid on it, but really didn't expect to win! Lo and behold I won a skein of Opal in Raupe from the Rainforest collection...

Not the greatest picture, but I can't wait until the holidays are over and I can cast on this yarn for a pair of socks for myself without feeling too guilty.

With the BD sox done and working on hint 7 for SOTS while we are at home... I needed to bring a project with me while we are house sitting over the next couple of days, so I cast on for a pullover sweater for my youngest niece. I am about half way through the back. Not much for a picture since it is only one color and plain knitting.

Lastly, I entered a contest over at Bark n Knit. If you go over and enter for some lovely greeting cards, please tell her I sent you over. KT Knits sent me!

3 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks are great!
Lucky you winning the yarn! I have never bought yarn on ebay. The slope is too slippery!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Your black diamond socks came out great. What a talented hubby to make those sock blockers. Oh the things they do for we wives.....

 
At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks are absolutely fantastic - they look great, especially in this color that you chose - way better than black, I'd say ;)
And yay for your hubby to make these sock blockers for you - I've asked, basically begged, my CM to make a pair for me too for ages, but so far I still haven't seen him working on some ... oh well ;(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home