Monday, October 22, 2007

Back from Rhinebeck

and still recovering! There was way too much for my eyes to handle. Lots of people, beautiful animals and unbelievable yarn and fiber! We ended up getting a late start and made to the festival around 1:30 in the afternoon. We had a little lunch to fortify ourselves before we starting looking. I never took out my camera but I have several mental imagines to keep forever.

The first stop was the author tent. I saw many wonderful people including the Yarn Harlot who was giving a little talk. She is a funny lady. I saw Allison from the blue blog and her new little one! What a cutie. I saw the table with no hostesses at the time for Mason-Dixon ... I was hoping to head back in a spend a few more minutes, but it was not to be. I was happy to see these wonderful ladies in person even for just a minute.

Next we headed over to the fiber. And there was way too much. I was watching so many people with huge bags as we were stilling at lunch... I didn't realize it would be so hard to decide. So I figured, if I could get the same yarn here at home, then I wouldn't get it, but maybe concentrate on hand painted sock yarns and go from there.

I came home with an adorable alligator scarf kit from Morehouse Farms, 4 skeins of hand painted superwash sock yarn (one for me and one for Hubby), and then from a Canadian seller some blue heather sock yarn. Not bad for several hours worth. We closed the fairgrounds and walked out around 5:10pm... I was in my own driveway around 7:15pm and happy to be home. It was a fun day, but truly exhausting!

Here is my secret of the stole with clue 2 finished:

Things are moving right along with it. I am a little ways through clue 3. I hope to finish before Friday and clue 4. I don't have that much time to sit and do concentrating knitting.

Here are the competed socks for Christmas:

This was great yarn. The stripes are really cool. I don't think I showed you, but I did buy another skein of this while the LYS had a sale two weeks ago. I really have to be done buying yarn for a while! I really need to get going on using what I have currently in the house.

4 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Pretty colors for your alligator scarf. I don't think I've seen that pattern...so I'll be googling it.

I signed up for Secret of the Stole but haven't knit a stitch of it. I do like looking at how everyone else is progressing, though!

 
At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you had a great time at Rhinebeck. You bought lovely yarn and that scarf kit is so cute!
Your stole is coming along so nicely and I love the socks!!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Diane said...

I love the colors on those socks. And your new socks yarns are really pretty too.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got to go to Rhinebeck. I almost got that pattern to include in your final package, I'm glad something else won out! X

 

Post a Comment

<< Home