Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A slow week

Thankfully really. Next week's calendar looks nutty, so I am happy to have a little down time this week beside driving my husband back and forth to the mechanics this am and pm. The least I can do really.


I have been working on a blue baby sweater, a gift for my secret pal and some recorder cases for the kids at school. I am using up some of my scrap skeins to make the cases. some look good and some are wacky. There are no patterns out on the Internet for cases, so I made up my own and tried out a few different stitch patterns.


Here are the completed socks for x-mas. They are put away with one other small x-mas gift that I have already purchased. Sad I know, but if I don't buy things when I see them, then I never get back to buy the same item.


I also joined in the Secret of the Stole KAL over at yahoo. I completed my swatch. I missed out on MS3 so I thought I would give this one a try.

3 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Everything looks nice. A recorder case is great idea. I'm pretty sure I have a recorder or two kicking around.

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been busy! The recorded cases are a great way to use leftovers.
I love the socks! They'll be well loved I'm sure.
Good lcuk with your stole. I look forward to following your progress.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're having such beautiful projects on the needles, and the socks look awesome too in this colorway! What a great idea the recorder cases are, the perfect way to use up leftover yarn! Great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home