Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Thinking of Christmas

Weird I know, but I have been mentally planning out some Christmas Knitting:
1. Lionbrand Incredible Yarn Scarf - my library clerk
2. two pairs of socks - my hubby
3. Pirate Hat - my hubby
4. Hooded pullover sweater - My niece, Gracie
5. something, not sure what yet - my niece, Ellie

That's the beginning. Of course I have Gracie's Birthday in September yet. And then nothing again until December, so I might just make it alright. I was moving yarn around two days ago in the stash room and ran across the bag of ribbon yarn and pattern I had been planning to use for Gracie's birthday. Lucky I found it now and not after September! So I put needles in the bag with everything and cast on for this cute little Tee-shirt I have the back almost complete. It is working up really fast on size 10.5 needles. I hope it comes out as cute as the picture on the pattern!


Plus I crocheted a small diagonal blanket for the charity bag in black and variegated. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it was a cute little blanket. I am really trying to use up all my stash. It'll never happen, but I am giving it a huge effort! I have seen several people keep track of how much they are using on their blogs. A very cool idea and rewarding to see it in numbers, but I don't think I can manage that. I'll just keep plugging away at what I have.

House/dog sitting is over for now. We had an easy couple of days with the exception of walking through dog pee at 6am in the kitchen this morning. I really could have done with out that mess. Babysitting duties are over as well. I spent the last two mornings starting at 7am with Ellie at my sister's house. Ellie is 17 months old now. She is a regular chatterbox! She just cracks me up with all the words and things she knows. She says my name pretty well too! I love being an Auntie.

6 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Christmas knitting plans look very doable. I want to knit H a sweater and have already hit a snag. The yarn I wanted to use is discontinued.
The tee-shirt for Gracie is going to be so cute! I love the colors.
Ellie has reached a fun age. She'll be doing and saying new things all the time. It's so fun to watch their little personality develope too.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Christmas!?!?! Now I'm going to feel guilty if I don't start planning out my christmas knitting.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Kat said...

You are so fast, I am sure you will be able to finish your Christmas plans. Whereas I still need to finish J's birthday present from a year ago! Just make sure you have enough yarn. That is what derailed me.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Not weird at all. I'm already done with the lace blanket for my FIL and his wife, but there's all this other stuff that needs to be knit up and sent off... I think it's high time to get started, or we'll all be experiencing 'It' as the Yarn Harlot so eloquently calls it.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Nic said...

It is depressing me thinking I need to get my act together to get stuff done in time. Before seeing your blog I could pretend I still had time...

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Good idea to start planning your Christmas knitting now. I was starting to think about my Christmas shopping as I know I'm horrible about any kind of knitting with a deadline.

By the way, what does the pirate hat for your husband look like?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home