Thursday, July 19, 2007

Good deeds and lots of rain

Two days ago I finished up one last scrap blanket to deliver to "Center for the Family" near my house. I called to see if they could use several blankets that have been sitting around the house made especially for kids. They said oh yes and I quickly finished off the final blanket I had started and packed up three bags full with ten blankets to donate.

They were very happy to receive these blankets. I said I would keep them in mind for others that I complete and touch base again in the upcoming months. They also mentioned that the lady who organized a mitten tree had retired, so I may have my hands in that if I can come Dec/Jan. I am always up for a good cause!

We have had rain two days straight. It was just supposed to be showers today, but it is puring. Not sure where it is coming from... nothing is on radio, then boom, there it is over top of us! I didn't leave the house yesterday and here's what I did:

I couldn't believe how much I finished over the course of the day. I watch movies, Kathy Griffin and got caught up on "Big Love" from HBO. I wasn't concentrating on tv, just the pattern for Monkey. I also signed up for the KnittyKAL. I will finish these Monkeys soon and there are several pairs of socks plus a few sweaters that I have had my eye on, so why not I say! Here is one last shot of the Monkeys:

7 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Ten blankets for a good cause is quite a feat. I'm sure they will supply much needed warmth and comfort. Haven't done The Monkey yet, but yours look great.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Batty said...

The blanket is beautiful, I'm sure it will be appreciated.

You are a veritable sock knitting machine! Very pretty Monkeys, and they're happening so fast, it's like magic.

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great that you've found somewhere local to donate to. It's always nice knowing it's helping nearby.
Your monkey socks are wonderful!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Ten blankets! You amaze me.

The monkeys look great.

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your scrap blanket looks absolutely awesome - my gosh, you made ten of them? You certainly amaze me! I'm sure that whoever will get them will cherish them, they're so beautiful!
And wow, quite some progress on the socks - it looks so good already! Lovely colorway too!

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's wonderful you are donating the blankets. I'm sure the recipients will be happy and warm.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I wish I knit fast enough to be able to donate more items to charity. It has to feel good to be able to contribute a little piece of love to all of the people that you do.

The Monkey socks look good. I want to knit those too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home