Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Counting down

Not sure what is so special about getting to summer break this year, but I am really looking forward to not working for two months. We are closing things down in the library and my mental list of things to do grows at home. I have several stacks of books I would like to read and many projects that I could be working on. Maybe I'll be ready to head back at the beginning of Sept.... we'll have to wait and see!


I have been working hard on my Victorian Lace socks for the 6soxKAL. I love the slate blue color and the pattern moves right along. I decided not to drag it down to the toe. I am not really a big fan of the pattern stitches on the foot... so I rarely do them. I have one sock completed through the gusset and the second sock is at the turn heel. Should have them close to completion by the weekend lets say.

Well, I think I will go read a little before bed tonight. Hubby is working, so I can curl up in bed with my 700 page book. I am reading "Virgin Earth" by Philippa Gregory. This is the continuation of "Earthly Joys" that finished last month or so.

2 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks are coming along wonderfully. I haven't started mine but I will soon. I think I'll do just as you have and not bring the lace down the foot. I have in the past done a few socks with lace or other stitch design on the foot and I find they are not the first ones I grab for in the drawer.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Very nice socks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home