Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Fruit Day all around! ** updated w link **

This week is Education week. At school it is also staff appreciation week. Every day there is little things for us at work. Yesterday was lots of homemade goodies and cut fruit. Today we were given a basket and the kids were told to bring in a piece of fruit for all their teachers....

This is just a third of the fruit I brought home. I gave half to my clerk for her family of 5 and we left another basket at school for us to eat during the day. It was like reverse trick-or-treating! The kids had a blast delivering fruit! At bus duty I received five more pieces while I was waiting! Some really tried to get weird! or inventive! I ended up with a mango, avocado, plum as well as many oranges, clementines, bananas, pears, and different kinds of apples! Usually the parents do a little seed kit, but I think this year was just awesome! I guess I will be making a fruit salad later this week to enjoy!

Here are the two hats I finished for my friend who is due in October. A cute little pumpkin and the pineapple. I don't like exactly how it came out, but the overall hat is so cute. I guess the last hat I'll put in is the tart hat from Knitty. Maybe I'll do that after I finish my current socks...

I started the Jaywalkers which I love the pattern! The fit is right on as well. I was surprised to see stripes appear from this yarn. Very pleasantly surprised!

As I was getting dressed this morning I realized I don't really have any short sleeve sweaters to wear... I am in the middle of P-ADD (project attention disorder).. all day I thought I could run to the yarn store after school and look for some nice cotton yarn to use! I was thinking of the BOB Pattern from Knitty. I have been longing to make this for over a year... maybe two. SO I think it is time!

7 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

Your fruit looks wonderful! We all got flowers from the kids last week.
I actually did stop at the yarn store on the way home today! I picked up some Cotton Ease for a nice light weight cardi! I have some CE in stash to make Bob, too.

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a summer sweater sounds great!!
The fruit looks yummy!
I love the sock.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

What a great idea to have the kids bring a piece of fruit. I'm sure you will enjoy it and be healthier by the end of the week!

Enjoy your summer knitting. I'm going to have to go see what the Bob pattern is from Knitty.

Have a wonderful week!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

What a wonderful idea with the fruit basket. I could not see the picture with your two little hats. You reminded me how cute the baby tart hat is. I am going to print out the pattern tonight. I think I have some perfect yarn in the stash.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Your fruit basket looks yummy. My hubby drives a school bus now that he's retired and one of the schools did fruit and cards for the drivers last year.

I think your little fruit caps are adorable.

 
At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, this is certainly quite some amount of fruit - but then again, what's better this time of year than lots and lots of fruit salad? Enjoy?
And your fruity hats fit that theme so perfectly - they look mega-cute, I really love them! Looking forward to seeing more of your sock too!

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The basket of fruit looks delicious and the fruit hats look yummy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home