Sunday, April 15, 2007

Horcrux socks are complete

Yes, believe it or not after all my whining about not wanting to work on them, I took them on a road trip yesterday and we have completion:



My husband too the day off yesterday to spend the day with me. All his idea too! We drove up north to North Creek. He knew I had been wanting to stop in at Gore Mountain Farm Alpacas and visit their gift shop. The animals we so adorable out in the barn in the furry pajamas! The gift shop was part of their house and there were mostly items made from alpaca yarn. They only had a few of their own cones spun and I just couldn't afford $60 plus of yarn that I wasn't sure what I would do with it, but I know where to go if I really want to buy it! They also had some 100% alpaca yarn from Peru, so I got two skeins of Borealis Blue. Who knows what I'll do with it, but it sure was pretty! Maybe a pair of socks on larger needles, a skinny scarf or mittens?



After visiting with the alpacas we drove another 15 miles north to see the cabin he has been renovating for his aunt and uncle. The cabin is on Snowy Lake and it looked great inside. I got a little tour of the new features and what it looked liked before. Maybe in the spring we can borrow it for the weekend and do some day hikes near by. Sure is a lovely place! It was a good thing I packed those socks in progress. I had about 3 hours of uninterrupted knitting time in the car. I got both through the gusset and down the foot. All I had to do at home last night was complete the toes! That was yesterday, so what did I do today you ask?



I was supposed to head off the my charity meeting today, but I don't know what it is doing in your area, but here it is snowing again! We are supposed to get several inches today and overnight. We are also supposed to head back to school tomorrow.. I don't think we have any snow days left to spare... but one more day of vacation sounds good to me!

6 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Your socks are wonderful. The alpaca farm sounds great, especially to also have a gift & yarn shop on the farm.

The baby hats are wonderful. It's great that you have completed so many!

Have a great week!

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks are great!! I love all the baby hats.
We have had lots of rain and wind. I hope you didn't get too much snow but enough for a day off;)
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore your socks, they look so great, as well as your baby hats!
Your time at the Alpaca farm sounds so interesting and fun - and gosh, I'd so have spent a fortune at that yarn shop there! ;)

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Kat said...

The baby hats look great. You are amazing with all your charity knitting!

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Diane said...

I always tell my hubby that when I retire I want to run an alpaca farm. They are such beautiful animals.

The socks look great and love all those little hats.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Oh...look at those adorable hats. I have made that petal hat a few times. It is a great little pattern.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home