Friday, March 30, 2007

Settling

What do you do when you go out searching for THIS and you can only find this:

Settle I guess. I had it in my head that one of the local stores would carry a row counter that has a ring to go on the needle, but I must be wrong. Wanted one to work on my next booga j bag and thought it might be easier to have the row counter as the stitch marker.... I guess I will have to keep track the old fashion way... paper and pencil until I can locate one.


I went to my LYS this afternoon after work. They were having a 20% off all yarn sale. SO I dug through the 50% off bin and came up with three skeins of sock yarn (this will help me with my latest KAL... the leftovers sock KAL) I have been wanting to make my leftovers into some socks now that I have a good stash, but I thought these skeins might come in handy too and at 50% off, who could resist! Plus I bought some blue sock yarn... Invicta extra (scheepjes yarn)... it looked nice and there really wasn't too much of a selection, which is fine for me. I also bought a couple of other skeins, but I held back!

Lately I have been crocheting a few scrap blankets trying to use up my acyrilic stash (in order to donate a few blankets to my local children's group. We have a meeting in two weeks.) I think that stuff multiples! I am down from three to two tubs full. I am making a very slow striped blanket, but I am bored, so I will move al the stash to the couch for the weekend and work on something for my niece... an apple hat. My DH is away in Boston with a friend this weekend, so I don't have to clean up what I take out for a bit.

7 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I hope you find the row counter that you want soon. Great bargain on the sock yarn!

Have a great weekend!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

What a cute little row counter. I've never seen those before. Please let us know when and where you locate these little helpers.

Once again, I am jealous of your yarn find!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

That is a great find on the yarn. I love to hit the sale bin at my LYS. I have been on a Yarn Diet for a few months. I am enjoying using up my stash too.

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do so good finding yarn bargains! I know what you mean about not being able to find the things you want. We live that daily here.
Did you see the new Six Sox pattern? I am thrilled with it and I haven't said that in a while.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, yarn sales - yummy! And what a great haul you got, those skeins all look so gorgeous! Fingers crossed that you'll find the perfect row counter soon!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Diane said...

You and your yarn bagins! Great finds!

 
At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had that same search last weekend! What I ended up doing was to take the teenier of the Lion Brand row counters and jam a large (1 inch diameter or so) jump ring through it so I could use it while knitting in the round without making a ginormous gap. It's not elegant, but it is very effective!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home