Sunday, March 04, 2007

Productive days

After all was said and done, I was very happy staying home on Friday, I heard the roads were just awful in the next town over where I work. Good thing the buses didn't have to pick up the kids for school. So I stayed home and cleaned, cooked, read and knit. I only got to page 49 of my book, luckily it is picking up so hopefully the storyline carries me through to finish for Thursday. I cleaned the house, flipped the bed, did laundry, make biscotti, and knit 2 CIC vests over the two days!

They are made with 2 skeins of the Moda Dea Cache wool yarn. The colors are fun, but I am not really crazy about the gold filiment running through it. But they worked up very nice! So I cast on for a pair of thick CIC wool socks and am on the second one. Nothing special in pattern for colors, just some leftover wool from my Springtime socks and some other wool to give bulk.

Today, I plan to sit and work on the book. ANd possibly do a little knitting! :)

3 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The vests are lovely. You really know how to make good use of a snow day!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Busy needles as always! What a bargin on the vest yarn. They came out really nice.

Love the poncho. I've got some terry spun in my stash, that magazine, and a granddaughter. Sounds like the perfect combination for a poncho huh?

 
At 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, this sounds to be the perfect snow day, that's for sure!
I really love the vests you did, they look so happy and cheerful in these colours - and gosh, that was really a great bargain on the yarn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home