Friday, March 02, 2007

In like a lion

Well I have another day off from school today. It was supposed to be 6-12 inches of snow, but we got a couple inches of snow and it has been sleeting and freezing rain ever since. I would have rather had a 2 hour delay, but I'll stick close to home today. I have things to do here. I have to start my 400 page book for bookclub next Thursday, get a workout in, empty the dishwasher, laundry, clean the bathroom for our company that is coming in tomorrow and tidy up other various parts of the house. And what do I really want to do? Well that's right sit down and work on my latest knitting project and watch tv.

I finished that adorable little hooded poncho last night. What an easy and quick project! It is pretty well designed too. I do hope my sister likes it and lets my niece wear it.


The pattern is from Creative Knitting July 2005 issue.


I just cast on this morning for a vest for CIC in some wool yarn I found at the dollar store. I know I couldn't believe it either. It is a Moda Dea yarn or something like that. And I do have to apologize. As I read my last entry, I realized how much the lack of sleep effects my spelling and grammar. I have to remember to reread my posts before I leave them as the final one! Thankfully I had a morning to sleep in, but my sleep w3as interrupted by the 5:45 am call to say school was closed, walk down stairs to the phone chain and call the next person in line, forgetting to turn off the 6:30 alarm, and having the cats meow for food after that. But I got to stay in bed until 7:30 so that was a treat! Thanks for all your nice comments. I guess I am a fast knitter especially when you consider I make small projects, knit whenever I want, I knit the same project start to finish (usually) and have no kids around my house to pull me away from my chair! Thanks again for stopping over!

4 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hooded poncho is so cute. I'm sure your sister will love it. It's the kind of thing that's so easy for little kids to wear.
Lucky you getting a day off. We're having tons of rain today and a full day of school. Enjoy your long weekend;)
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

The poncho is adorable. It looks so soft and comfy. You will have to get a picture of your niece modeling it :)
We got about five inches yesterday and lots of freezing rain.

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could sis not love the poncho? It is adorable.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Sue said...

I finished one of these ponchos a couple of weeks ago and started a second one for my niece's twins. It is a nice pattern to knit. I used Red Heart Super Saver but I like your fuzzy one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home