Sunday, February 11, 2007

Frog Pond

I don't really go to the frog pond very often, but I have been several times this weekend! I finished off the cute liitle CIC socks in a pattern I was working on and tried it out with striping yarn for myself, but it is going in the frog pond...See for yourself...
So the pair on the needles is going to the frog pond. I also started Calorimetry from the knitty pattern and got about half way through and noticed it was way too big! I ripped it out and cast on again with 20 less stitches. I BO this morning so the second attempt is finished but I haven't taken a picture yet. I am looking for a good button for it. I did however finish my husband's socks. He has to go away for most of this week, so I thought I would wrap them up and put them in his suitcase to find later.
Not the prettiest pair ever, but they'll look fun on his feet. Now the question is, what next? I have to make a baby sweater/hat set for March 15th, a cute hooded poncho for my niece's first b-day on March 22nd, but I would like to cast on a pair of socks for me... will it be the Springtime in Paris 6SoxKAL pattern? Or a matching pair of mitten to go with my new head piece?

Saw this on another blog and thought it was very interesting especially since there is another one of me living not too far away....

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
18
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

3 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are great!
Every now and then I have a frog pond day or two. It can be annoying or liberating.
I'm not feeling really great about the Springtime in Paris socks. I'm not in the mood for toe ups. I have such a hard time starting them. I can't wait to see what you start next!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Diane said...

I like the socks you made for hubby. What a nice suprise to put them in his suitcase. I've got calorimetry on my list of things to make. My daughters would probably love them.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

The socks will be a great surprise for him. I am interested to see your Calorimetry, I wanted to make it for my nieces.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home