Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Winter is here!

The temps had been slowly going down, down, down. Now when you look outside it looks like, well a southern state in winter more than in the northeast where we are supposed to have some snow on the ground!

This is what it looked like this morning. We had freezing rain for two whole days. We lost power yesterday at 11am and it finally came back on at 9pm. It was a long day sitting in the house. We have no school again today because there was a lot of damage in our town and the one I work in. Lots of trees down and half the city is still without power right now. Plus we are getting a few snow showers. Man does it look pretty, but what a crazy couple of days. Luckliy not as bad as other town like in OK that are still without power from this storm.

Over the weekend I did get lots of knitting done, even yesterday in the dim lighting...

There are two pairs of chain link CIC socks in some KNitpicks yarns and two fun fur hats in copper and aqua. I also made these this morning

They are a little something for my secret pal. SP is coming to an end in another week or so and I figured I'd send a little last suprise to reveal. Hope she likes them. I love the long purple one.

Well, I am off to do a little blog reading and then it is back to some fun fur. I hope to have another hat or two down and get them in the mail this next week.

7 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you lost power but it looks like you made the best of it! It must have been nice to get a day off though. We had a few snow flurries today but the freezing rain missed us I'm happy to say.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Diane said...

We were supose to have that freezing rain too but somehow it missed CT. My boss in MO got slammed with it.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Blog reading then fun fur? I am reading and knitting in fun fur simultaneously (figuring that the fur obscures any errors caused by the reading. I wouldn't dare try this on a non-scary yarn!)

Here it is bright, sunny, and cold enough to keep our 4 inches on the ground! Glad you have your power back.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Great knitting!

Yes, winter is here, too. We're on day 6 of ice. We're thankful that we have continued to have electricity.

I'm ready for Spring to return.

Stay warm and safe!

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pic. I'll take sunny, warm weather any ole day. However, I do love a roaring fire while I knit!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Kerry said...

Love the little CIC socks! I'm sure the little toes they will warm will loe them even more. :-)

 
At 2:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brrrr - this pic looks pretty cold, but so very beautiful! We haven't had any snow here this year either, and I'm seriously wondering if we'll ever get any again? It's supposed to get colder now over the weekend - well, everything is better than these spring temperatures that we've been having!
I really love your recent knits, gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home