Saturday, December 02, 2006

A Day late

I sadly did not finish the sox "on time" for the midnight deadline....I had everything done, but the heels.

At 10:30 I had to go to bed. I just couldn't think straight so I didn't want to mess up the heels. Overall They were pretty easy once you got the scrap yarn out and the live stitches on the needles. Last night would have been a whole lot easier to knit the heels if we had light and power. Due to the crazy storm that blew through we lost power for about 2 hours. I held a little reading light over my lap so I could see the heel and the chart. Now that is dedication right? Thankfully the power came back around 8pm and I was able to warm up and knit by the light of a real lamp. Drumrole please...

Overall I really like these. I love the yarn that I chose even those two skeins from the same dye lot have different color patterns (why I ask you?? How does this happen?) So the socks are a bit different. Hopefully I will be distracted by the off white patterns created. When the socks lay flat they look a little wonky to me. The afterthought heel is strange looking. But I wouldn't hesitate to try it again. I am not a huge fan of toe up, but the more I make they are getting better. So there you have it, I didn't make the cutoff date, but I did finish on Dec 1st. If I had started a day earlier or not gone out Wed night I would have been on time. Oh well. I am off to check out the next sock pattern the 6SoxKAL group released yesterday. Maybe I should start that one after Christmas to make sure I get it done before Jan 31st.

Oh and one more little picture for you.

Here is the bib I made before the socks. It is for Ellie for Christmas. The pattern is in the "One Skein" Book. It was so cute I had to make one. Now I really must get moving. I want t finish the fair isle hat for my husband today while he is out of the house. Have a wonderful weekend!

8 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Beautiful! And yes, you are dedicated!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger soapy said...

sorry you missed the dealine but they look wonderful!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The socks are absolutely beautiful! And, I'm impressed with your dedication. : )

The bib is great, too. I'm sure it will be so cute on the little recipient...and much appreciated, too.

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bib is so cute!
Your socks look great! I'm not crazy about toe up either but I really liked the afterthought heel. The next sock looks good. I'm going to do it on dpns though.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are fabulous! And you can't really tell that the color patterns aren't the same - don't tell and no one will know. ☺ They really are incredible - great job! SP9

 
At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm absolutely impressed by your socks, they must be one of the most gorgeous pairs I've seen for long, and I'm not exaggerating here! The dedication you put into knitting really paid off - fantastic work! And I also love the little bib, it's *so* cute!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Love, love, love those socks. The bib is just adorable. I thought I was the only one that knitted during a blackout :)

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Diane said...

DAMN POWER COMPANY!!! The socks look wonderful and what a cute little bib.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home