Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday?

Thankfully I only went to one store and it was my husband's idea! We dropped off my car for an oil change and slammin' new snow tires! Then we headed off to ACMoore. He wanted to get one of the K'nex sets that were on sale for his nephew. It was an $80 set for $30 so I took my 60% off coupon and went with him. I grabbed some buttons for trellis and lo and behold the sweater is now complete and ready to wrap...

Over all it was much faster to knit this second time around. I could do it once more, but it will have to be a special child!
Here is the hat and fake fair isle hat..

While I was waiting on the computer I just ripped out the fair isle hat. Too small, so I will cast on as soon as I finish the bib that is on the needles I need to use! I thought I was set to knit while my husband is out and about today, but I guess I have a little while before I have to wrap the hat up, so I might as well get something done instead of a planned project.

Next is the iris garden socks. Oh how I miss knitting socks! I will cast on for those soon. I was hoping to work on them over this long holiday weekend since I "should" have them finished by Decemeber 1st.

I will leave you with fun pictures of the sunset on Wed. I ran out to snap a few pictures because it was unbelieveable! See for yourself...

7 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I wish I could knit as fast as you. You never cease to amaze me!

Wishing I had an AC Moore near me.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Gracie's sweater is beautiful....oh how I love cables. It is a shame you had to rip out the hat :(

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater looks great with the buttons and I love the hats! You are one speedy knitter!
You are very lucky to get 60% off coupons for AC Moore. We usually get 40% but were lucky to get a 50% off one this past week. I bought N a big Thomas the Train set for Christmas.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

The sweater is beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing the sunset too. I never seem to have my camera handy for pictures like that!

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trellis is darling. I can't believe you frogged the fairisle hat. Boo-hoo.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger soapy said...

The sweater is beautiful as the buttons! That sky is just amazing!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Trellis looks wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home