Saturday, November 18, 2006

What a wacky week!

I can't believe I seemed to have lost this week. It lasted forever, but it is gone. All week I thought it was Thursday! Sadly it was Monday, then Tuesday, and then I wasn't ready for Thursday! A bit crazy. We house sat for my FIL and living in two houses with two sets of animals is crazy. They have two oversized and people-deprived dogs that only want your attention, and our house had two cats who really only wanted fresh food first thing in the morning! Our dog traveled with us. Very demanding pets that wake up at all hours. I am happy to be home and in my own bed now. I don't fgeel like I got much done this past week. I am hoping to make up for it this week and get caucht up on a few things. This morning it was cleaning our house, now it is email and my blog. Phew!

I have been knitting but several days I was just too tired to concentrate on the cable pattern, so I tried to get some sleep. Here is the two front pieces and the back to trellis for Ellie's Christmas gift..

The flas washed it out, but it is in a creamy off white. I have been looking for buttons, but haven't found ones I like. I am really hoping I can get both sleeves done this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed!

On a good note, I just have one more present to buy and I am done for my holiday shopping. I wanted to go afterschool yesterday, but I had a terrible migraine with the storm that was here, so I came home and slept until this morning. Maybe that's why I feel so productive this morning!

I have several more gifts to make including a few for my husband. Here is the beginning of the Fake fair isle hat from magknits this month..

I hope it turns out alright when it is done. I like the pattern it is really easy and is working up fast. I just have little time to actually work on it when my husband is home! I also ordered some wool from Knitpicks to make another hat for him. Plus I would like to make him another pair of socks. See what I mean. Lots of plans in the works and the weeks are floating away!

No more whining! I am off to knit while he isn't home!

4 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Your knitting projects are beautiful.

I'm having the same problem finding enough knitting time and keeping straight what day it really is! : )

Have a great weekend!

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater and hat look wonderful!
I know just how you have felt this week. I can't believe you are nearly finished with your Christmas shopping. I have bought ZERO gifts.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Check out Cheryl's Trellis at http://seedstitch.blogspot.com/
It is just adorable. The hat looks great.

 
At 3:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your time house- and petsitting seems to have been quite stressful - fortunately this is now over and you're back home at least with a bit more knitting time!
Your projects are so lovely, I'm totally stunned by your gorgeous cabling for the sweater! And that fake Fair Isle is *so* beautiful too!
Gosh, I'm impressed - you're as good as done with your holiday shopping? Yay for being organized, I haven't even started yet, shame on me! I guess I'm a hopeless case :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home