Monday, November 06, 2006

Look what came in the mail.


My backordered Noro yarn. I was thinking with the new fake isle hat on magnets, I might use this yarn to make my husband a hat. Not all three skeins, but one of the three. I also ordered yarn from Knitpicks to make him a fair isle hat from the book Acessorize... or something like that. Latest issue of Interweave with several promising patterns. Including one cardigan and thrummed mittens which I have been meaning to try for way too long!

Overall a fun and uneventful weekend. I don't mind that though. I love quiet time to myself. It seems I don't get enough time to myself. I have been working on my Christmas shopping. I know you don't want to hear it, but I have. I've been doing pretty well too. I have most of my small family done. I really tried to have things shipped to the house. I am not a shopper and I hate crowds, so buying online is so easy to do! I am almost finished with my niece, Gracie's sweater for Christmas. Just have to sew it up and it'll be done. I picture for you soon. It is coming along really nicely. Once this is seemed up tonight I am thinking of casting on for Trellis for my other niece. Although I am having cravings for socks... I want to get started on the latest 6SoxKAL pattern - Iris Garden... I'll keep you posted.

4 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Noro is so nice. I have never knit with it. I plan to buy that issue of Interweave knits for the thrummed mittens.
I envy you having your Christmas shopping underway. At this point I have no idea what I'm getting anyone...
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Wow! Congrats on already having so much Christmas shopping done! I'm like you...I love shopping online.

The knitting goodies look like fun times ahead.

Have a wonderful week!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Like you, I don't get enough quiet time alone. When I do, it is so precious to me.

I'm glad to hear that someone else has started Christmas shopping. I've only picked up a few items so I'm jealous that you're getting yours done so early.

I haven't seen the Iris Garden pattern yet. I need to see take a peek since I'm finally not afraid of socks anymore. Maybe I'll finally knit some of the ^Socks Patterns I have.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger soapy said...

Just starting al ittle Christmas shopping, cant' believe it's sneaking up so quickly. Don't think I'll have much time for kntiting gifts this year.. but that hat for your Dh sounds wonderful and the Noro is great for warm hats! Nice fall colorway too! My son is feeling alot better.Thank you! ;o)
Have a nice weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home