Sunday, October 29, 2006

Rainy Day Post (2nd attempt)

Thought I would brighten this rainy day for you with a little post. This week just flew by. I seriously can't believe that we are at the end of October already! Halloween is next week and already the kids at school are flying high with excitement. You'd think they were going on vacation (which will be coming up soon enough!) Their report cards come out this next week too, luckily I am done with my parts, just have to print them off… all 488 of them (2 copies) I hate the thought of all that paper going through the printer. Seems like such a waste when I know they are going to throw it out when the next batch needs to be printed.

Alas... I have been happily knitting away! I finished one last wool t-shirt sweater for CIC and I popped it in the mail this morning!

Cute. I will have to get some more wool yarn soon. I am at the odds and ends of my wool scraps right now. Hopefully the next challenge need will be socks, then I can work on those wool scraps I have and make some crazy socks for the kids.

I am just finishing up one more baby sweater for another teacher who is due soon at school. There are three more after this one, but they aren't due until after the holidays. I am thinking I need a pair of fingerless mitts for myself from the yarn I just got and a pair for my library clerk who works with me for Christmas.... then I need to start on my nieces' presents. I have two sweater patterns picked out for them. I think I will make Ellie "trellis" from Knitty in a ecru so it will go with her many pink outfits my sister has for her. And for Gracie I have a pullover pattern in pink with ecru stripe(s).

Well that's about all for now. I'll try to get on early this upcoming week. Maybe even with a few nieces in the Halloween duds. Have a wonderful and warm weekend!

4 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Not all report cards get thrown out. I think my parents still have every report card I got tucked away in the piles of papers my mom plans on dumping on me as soon as we are settled. The sweater is great.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The little sweater for CIC is great!
SO CUTE! I'm sure it will give lots of warmth to a child.

Looking forward to more pictures and posts. Have a great week!

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is very cute! Someone will love it!
Time is flying by! I can't believe Halloween is this week and next it will be Thanksgiving.
Are you planning to knit the new Six Sox socks? Mine are stalled. They are ok but other things are attracting my attention.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

The little sweater is adorable... it will keep some child very warm. Trellis is on my list to knit. I am off to have an MRI on my shoulder tomorrow. Hoping there is no tear in the rotator cuff. Have a good week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home