Monday, October 16, 2006

Where has the time gone

I hate the feeling of waiting to post and read what is happening in other people's lives and blogs, but for some reason, I just haven't been getting there. Sometimes I can be good, but lately it seems like I am rarely on the computer at home. But I am here now and that's what matter right? Please say yes!

Went to bookclub last Thursday having just barely finished the book (The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards). A good book, we had a lively disscusion. ANd there was a lot of choclate there! Two kinds of brownies and a mousse pie. All so good. I think I floated home in a chocolate daze!

I have been crocheting away the past few days I finished up three blankets to bring to my charity meeting on Sunday of this upcoming weekend. SO I'll have four total to bring. I was trying to use up all my scrap skeins and odds and ends... how did I do?

Very colorful. I have enough for two more blankets at least, but I am going to stop crocheting to give my hand and wrist a break. I want to get one more wool sweater done and mailed before I start any gifties for the upcoming holidays and baby showers. I have one shower coming up the first week of November, so I need to get moving on this one too.

Big News... I asked my lovely husband if he wanted to drive to Rhinebeck with me for the day on Saturday to go to the Rhinebeck Fiber Festival. He said yes, and sounded excited about it too. SO we may be off to Rhinebeck for the day. I have never been, but am looking forward to all that amazing yarn and fiber!

8 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Maureen,

I'm glad you found some computer and blogging time.

The blankets are just gorgeous and what a great way to use up all the odd skeins and ends.

Wow, a trip with your hubby to Rhinebeck....have a wonderful time!

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the book...I did too. The blankets are great as always. I have wanted to go to Rhinebeck, Hope you have fun and share everything with us :)

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post when you have time. No pressure!
The blankets are lovely. The bright colors are so cheerful.
Lucky you going to Rhinebeck! Have a wonderful time and bring us back some photos!!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Maureen, it IS what matters. You are here now, and tending to this little compartment of your life. As we all do. Memory Keepers Daughter was my bookclub book earlier this month. Imagine...not only are we knitters bound together by our knitting, and our blogging, but many of us are reading the same books. I wonder how interchangeable we all are? :) Could you and I trade places and would anyone notice the difference? Wow...this might make an intriguing reality show. Have a terrific time at Rhinebeck, and show us your stuff when you get back.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger soapy said...

amazing color! So many are afraid of colors! great job!

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep Maureen, this definitely IS what matters! Posting should never be something we have to do, but something we enjoy doing - and if we don't feel like it for a couple of days or even weeks, then it's okay as well! People who really care for you and your blog will come back, that's for sure!
I so love the blankets you did, they're so pretty and colorful!
And yay for Rhinebeck, I hope you guys have a wonderful time there!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Jewels said...

Yes.
Great looking charity blankets - that's a lot of work you did.

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I fall off the blogging horse, I just get back on. Don't worry about it. The blankets look great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home