Sunday, September 10, 2006

Yarn diet is over!

My latest yarn order arrived yesterday and boy is it wonderful. I my even be ready to place a second order! Oh My!

Look at that NORO. I've never had it before but I have been wanting to try the booga j felted bag and just never saw this yarn at either of our local yarn stores... so I have been losing all the auctions on ebay so I figured I might as well just order it! Plus I also ordered these:

That is a lot of sock yarn. But it was all on sale. So of course I had to dip into my latest and first paycheck of the year. It all looks and feels wonderful. I don't think I'll have to leave my house all winter with all this yarn! Next I have to decide where exactly it is going to go.

I finished up one more pair of pink socks for Gracie's 2nd birthday to go with the last pair and hat.

They came out really cute. Small and cute! I even started (fianlly) on my trekking-along socks! I just cast on this morning, so there isn't much to show you. I am just on the ribbing. I am making the "more fun than cable" sock from Marguerite's site. So far so good. But what I show be doing is sitting down to read from my latest book which needs to be finished by Thursday's Bookclub meeting. Wish me luck!

8 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

All that yarn looks scrumptious! You will be having fun for a long time. I'm so happy for you!

Have fun!!!! : )

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

There's nothing like getting new yarn. The Noro colors are gorgeous. Have fun knitting it. Can hardly wait to see what you do with it.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Julie said...

You will love the Noro. I love watching the colors change as I knit. I've knit/felted with Kuryon combined with cascade 220 and the fabric it makes is wonderful. Enjoy!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger soapy said...

Great colors!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Noro is so much fun to knit with because as you go along all these cool colour changes happen. I have made 2 booga bags and they are both in constant use.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Wow, what a haul!

Would love to have all that sock yarn!

Have fun!

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Diane said...

I did a couple booga bags in Noro. It felts wonderfully and you don't have to worry about matching the stripes when you hit a knot in the skein.

Gracie's socks look great. So girlie girl with the purples.

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! This is yarn p0rn to its fullest - all those goodies are totally amazing, I so love the colors! And Gracie's socks are fantastic too, I bet she'll love wearing them! Great work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home