Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Finito!

Secret pal is over for another round! What fun it always seems to be giving and receiving surprises. I recently found out my secret pal was Emily over at e-knits. What a sweet and kind person she is. Here is a peek at the fun goodies from our final package.

As you can see, Emily is generous as well as sweet! Will you look at those lovely wool cabled socks she made me! I actually wore them most of the day yesterday since it was completely raining and cold! They fit perfectly. The pattern is in ONE SKEIN. I was looking at this pattern for myself just last week and lo and behold the completed socks arrive in my mailbox! And get a load of that beautiful sock yarn! It is Mountain Colors from MT in the "Wilderness" colorway! It is even more lovely in person! I can't wait to cast on for a pair of socks with this soft yarn! Plus Emily sent a sweet smelling eye mask which I plan to use with my next migraine (sadly I know another is around the corner, hopefully it won't be until next month though!), some violet mints, peppermint foot lotion, and a little notebook with elastic. I totally needed one of these to replace the current one I am using since I have filled it with all the projects I have completed in the last several years. So this little notebook is wonderful! It even has some graph paper sheets hidden in the back! Too cool! Thanks again Emily for being a fun and lovely secret pal! You rock!

Also finito are my sss socks!

I closed up the toes last night while watching two episodes of Entourage from our DVR. I love this sock yarn from Knitpicks. If I had more I think I would cast on for a second pair just to see the natural stripes which are evident on the foot. The yarn is so soft and comfortable!

And everyone will be so happy with me! I finally went to the yarn store in the pouring rain yesterday to get one last skein of yarn to finish my FEFI. This is remarkable, but they had one skein left out front and it was the exact dot lot from when I bought the yarn back in April. I also felt several skeins of Lorna's Laces in Jeans and Plumscape. But I held back and did not buy any more yarn. I really want to wait until school starts again and I am earning a paycheck once again! So as soon as I finish here I plann to go get FEFI and finish the buttonband and sleeves! Then I will be so very happy!

6 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, what a goodie package, you've sure been spoiled by your SP - great! And I so love your socks, they look fantastic! Great colors too!

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had a wonderful SP!! She really knew what you'd enjoy.
Your sss socks look fabulous!! I love the yarn.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

What a lovely package. Mountain Colors Bearfoot is my favorite yarn.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger soapy said...

Great package from your SP!! Love the mountain colors yarn!
Nice SSS socks! Glad you enjoyed the pattern!

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks. Which Knitpicks sock yarn is that?

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Both pairs of socks are wonderful!

Your pal did a superb job of spoiling you...just as you deserve.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home